Friday, October 19, 2007

Chapter 7 - The End


Jon sank down onto the piano bench, elbows on his knees, face in his hands. What a mess. How can I convince her that I do care and I am not the bastard she thinks I am? He wasn’t ready to give up just yet. This wasn’t how he imagined the weekend would turn out that’s for sure. One bad choice, and your whole life blows up in your face. With a heavy heart he went to his room, trying to come up with some way to get Reese to understand, to forgive.

Reese left that night. She packed and changed her flight and went home. She didn’t want to be anywhere near him right then. She needed time to think. Was he really worth the heartache?

Two weeks later the band had a short break and Jon decided he was going to go see Reese. He still had the key she had given him and he hoped she wouldn’t throw him out. He let himself into her apartment. With the music up she wouldn’t have heard him knock anyway. He called out for her, but got no answer. He moved farther into the apartment and heard the water running. He figured she must be in the shower. He went into her room, sat down in the chair and waited.

Reese came into her room wrapped in her robe and stopped dead in her tracks. “What are you doing here? How did you get in?” Jon looked her up and down. Damn she looked good, all warm and flush from her shower, hair clipped up on top of head. “You gave me a key. I knocked but obviously you didn’t hear me so I let myself in.” She had forgotten that she had given him a key. “So, what do you want?” “To talk, to try work things out.” Reese pulled her robe tighter around her. “What makes you think I want to work things out?” She hadn’t moved any closer to him, was afraid to. He still made her blood run hot.

Jon got out of the chair and stepped closer to her. “What do I have to do to make things right between us?” Jon was afraid. Afraid he was going to lose the best thing that had happened to him since, well, in a very long time. Reese looked up at him, uncertainty showing on her face, “how am I supposed to trust you again after this?” “Please, just give me a chance. I am not proud of what I did and all I can tell you is, as long as we are together, it won’t happen again.” “I don’t know Jon, I just don’t know if I can do this.” His heart fell. Jon moved closer to her, took her hands in his. “Look at me, please.” She brought her eyes up to meet his. She saw the pain there and realized he was hurting as much as she was. “Reese, I want you, no, I need you in my life. Please give me another chance.” He was begging now and he really didn’t give a damn; if he needed to get down on his knees he would. He would do whatever it took to get her back. She wasn’t one for giving second chances, but her heart was telling her that she loved him and she should. Without taking her eyes from his and hoping she wasn’t make a big mistake, she rose up on her toes and pressed her lips to his.

He tilted his head, teasing her lips apart with his tongue, taking the kiss deeper. He reached up and pulled the clip from her hair, letting it fall down her back. He slid his thumbs across her jaw and his fingers into her hair. With a gentle tug Reese’s head dropped back and Jon placed light kisses along her neck and down to the vee of her robe. He stopped and looked at her, “Reese.” She lifted her head and opened her eyes to look at him. “Let me love you?” In the glittering blue of his eyes she saw his love for her. Any doubt she had moments ago fled. She nodded her head.

Jon loosened the belt on he robe and let it fall open. “God I’ve missed you” he told her as his hands slid inside to touch her silky skin. He hadn’t so much as looked at another woman since that night. He slid the robe from her shoulders, picked her up and laid her on the bed. She watched as he removed his clothes, the need in her growing as more and more of his body was revealed to her. She reached out a hand to him and he joined her on the bed. His lips played over her skin, trying to kiss the pain away he had caused her, love away the hurt he had inflicted. He wanted her to know that she was the only one for him and that that one indiscretion would not be repeated.

His hands moved over her, fingertips lightly grazing first one breast and then the other, gently tugging on the hardened tips. The moan that escaped her lips brought Jon great satisfaction. He took one nipple into his mouth and her hands came up and held him there. As he moved his head to give the other the same treatment, her hands slid down to his shoulders, and fell away to her sides. He continued his journey down her body, stopping to dip his tongue in her navel and tease the ring she wore there. He looked up at her, she had given herself totally to him; her eyes were closed and her arms were at her sides. Her skin was flush with arousal and he could see that her breath was coming in short pants.

He moved lower, his tongue sweeping through the dark curls at the delta of her thighs. He stopped and looked up at her again. “Reese?” She opened her eyes and met his gaze, “don’t stop.” She opened her legs for him and he dipped his head, kissing her intimately, the taste of her on his tongue was like a drug he would never get enough of. He continued to drive her to the edge with his tongue. He slipped two fingers inside and felt her start to tighten around them. She cried out to him, “Jon, please, now. I’m… ohh!” He slid into her as she came. He rode through it with her and then urged her up again, coming with her as she went a second time.

Jon shifted off of her and pulled Reese close as the final tremors ran through her. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed his chest. He kissed her head, “I love you baby.” Reese looked up and kissed his chin, “I love you too.” At that moment Jon decided that he wasn’t going to mess up what he had with Reese. Never again would he her hurt her like that. What he had with her was too good to screw up with some nameless faceless women just for immediate gratification. He would leave that to the others. He had what he wanted right here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a lovely story Stephanie. I loved a lot to read it.
Maybe you can do a sequel? Just a joke.

Catrin

Starr said...

Yes that was a nice ending. Glad they made up as it was obvious they both loved one another.

I too though am sorry to see this come to an end.

Hope you write more Jon stories Steph because the good writers are few and far between.

Thanks and well done!

Opester said...

Excellent story-you did an amazing job of telling a lot in a few chapters-very gifted writing and I'll look forward to reading more of your work soon! Thanks for sending me the link too-you need to make this available to a wider audience-I think many would enjoy it as I did!

Peg said...

This was a wonderful, wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing. Looking forward to reading more of your stories. I loved it!!

Denny said...

That was just great Steph - wonderful ... I'll be reading your others asap